Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Smell

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at my sister-in-law's house today.  Good food.  Great company.  I love Thanksgiving.

We drove home tired and worn out.

We unlocked the door.

And the smell hit us.

A terrible, dirty, week old dishrag smell.

Then we remembered the flood that happened yesterday.  

And the water in the carpet.

And the fact that I forgot the carpet shampooer.  (Which wouldn't have worked anyway since the water had all ready soaked the carpet and the padding.)

And so we started ripping out carpet...



(Why I took pictures of the carpet being ripped out, but never took pictures of the actual mess to prove why it happened...I have no idea.  But, you tell in the picture, the darker part of the pad was soaking wet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment