Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chaos

My home is in chaos right now.  And when your home is out of sorts, so is your life. 

Here is how we are living right now:

Walking in the front door, looking into the living room.  The refrigerator that close to the couch and TV is not doing any good to my New Years Resolutions, ha ha.  

The dining room right next to the front door.  Washer, dryer, sink, just your usual...

The actual living room.  A piece of our sectional, dishwasher, table, and high chair, and the cement floors are freezing!


Yesterday and today they worked on the tile in the kitchen and the bathrooms.  We made this mistake:

Bathroom #1


Bathroom #2


Before it was over, I had to pee in a McDonald's cup.  In the closet.  Don't worry I won't share a picture of that!

All the tile is in now and looking really great.  All the furniture is still in the garage and it looks like it will be there the rest of the week.

They were supposed to get the carpet installed today and tomorrow, but had to order the carpet we wanted and it's coming from Georgia.  So, with all the crazy snow everywhere, it's going to be delayed.

At first I completely freaked out, it is so hard for me to live this way, but I'm trying to chill now and go with the flow and just be thankful that we hadn't taken apart our beds yet.  We were going to take them out last night and sleep on the floor until the carpet was installed!

Other than that, everything is going pretty smooth.  The only problem I had is that I took apart the computer and put it in the bathroom closet (to move my desk for the carpet) and since we tiled in there, I had to wait 24 hours to walk on the tile to get the computer back.  I feel sane now that I have it back.  It's on my kitchen counter top, adding just a little bit more madness to the chaos, but at least I can get to it.

Next time we remodel though, I think I will be taking my computer and checking into a hotel room where there is a toilet until all is done and over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment