Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods:
I haven't actually watched the weather to know the temp, but it's pretty cold! 


Things that make me happy: 
New starts.  I was really looking forward to 2011 and having a new start - 2010 was a rough year for our family!


Book I'm reading:
Reshaping It All ~ Candace Cameron Bure


What's on my TV today: 
The Craigslist Killer (Lifetime) 


On the menu for dinner:
we had waffles and eggs.  Yep, for dinner.  


On my To Do List:

To finish up a work project I have right now.  


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Chicken Noodle Soup from Reshaping It All.  



In the craft basket:
My Project Life album


Looking forward to this week:
School starting back and getting back into routine.  


Tips and Tricks:
Have a white ceiling fan?  All the fans in my house are white and when I would dust them, the dust would just smear leaving the blades black.  Today, I went around to each room with my ladder and dusted each fan, then used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to take off all the old smear marks.  They are once again white and look brand new!
My favorite blog post this week: 
I really liked this post from Chapters on getting started exercising.  

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I haven't hopped around to new blogs yet this week.  

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):





Lesson learned the past few days:

I didn't want to make New Years resolutions this year until I came across a journal entry from my resolutions last year.  Some I accomplished and some I didn't and some I am still working on.  I've decided to go ahead and set goals (for myself and my family) because it shows me how far I come and how much I change each year.  It was great to see the things that I accomplished from last year and some of the ones that I didn't accomplish that I marked off my list because I have just changed my view on them.    
On my mind:
Goals that I want to set for myself and family goals we would like to make for this year.  


Head on over to Diary of a Stay At Home Mom to read more Happy Homemaker Mondays!

1 comment:

  1. I love breakfast for dinner, it's quick, it's simple and it's always welcomed on a really busy day :)

    Loved reading your list and that is such a sweet photo :)

    ReplyDelete