Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

I'm linking up to Diary of A Stay At Home Mom for her Happy Homemaker Monday today!




The weather in my neck of the woods:
48 degrees and cloudy

Things that make me happy: 
My Family

Book I'm reading:
Nothing at the moment

What's on my TV today: 
Nothing!  

On the menu for dinner:
Christmas leftovers!

On my To Do List:

Start cleaning and organizing!  Thanks to the flood, we're getting new floors through out the entire house and that means I've gotta clean!


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
I haven't tried anything new lately.  I need to find some new recipes!

In the craft basket:
A clock I want to make.  Can't wait to get it done!

Looking forward to this week:
New Years Eve and fireworks!

Tips and Tricks:
Stay on top of your cleaning and keeping your house organized so that when something happens, like you need new floors, it will be easier on you!
My favorite blog post this week: 
Jesus, Our Emmanuel

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):








Lesson learned the past few days:
To be content and grateful for what I have.  More is not always better.  More is just more mess to clean up!

On my mind:
I really want a nap right now!  How did I ever make it through the day working full time and not having naps?!!!  Raising children is definitely uses more of my energy and is harder than when I worked full time!


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. ~Isaiah 9:6



3 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family!! Our bathroom flooded in April. I know exactly how you feel right now!

    Have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new floors in your house! I'm sorry your house got flooded. That's a great tip as well about the cleaning. I try to do that so that I can sit back and enjoy things instead of cleaning all the time.

    Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck getting your new floors! I just moved into a new place and will definitely be trying to keep the cleaning caught up at all times!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete