Thursday, December 30, 2010

Time Out

This is a post I wrote on a blog I used to co-author with a friend, Coastal Mommyhood.  The blog is no longer published, but I had to re-post this because it is something I definitely need right now since Christmas, and trying to remodel the house, and all the kids being home from school!




We all know what life is like as a mom...
It doesn't matter if you're a full time working mom, a part time working mom, or a stay at home mom....it doesn't matter if you have 1 kid, or 2, or 3, or more....


It is hard stuff.


Add in all the (outside and inside) pressures to be the Super Mom that gets it all done and holds it all together with a smile on your face, and you're set up for a breakdown (small or not...silently screaming inside or loudly yelling on the outside) at some point.


It's the kind of days when I feel like nothing is going my way....when all I've done is run in circles and nothing is done...the house is a mess and the laundry is everywhere...when I forget to take something out for dinner...when the baby is teething and can't be soothed....when my husband is working late and I'm exhausted...when the kids yell and fight for hours...that I finally stop the empty threats and the time out chairs....
And put MYSELF in Time Out...











No comments:

Post a Comment